Ted Nelson Newcomer Award for best newcomer paper which is presented to the best paper written by authors who have never published in earlier Hypertext proceedings.
- 2015 | Sara Salehi, Jia Tina Du, and Helen Ashman.
Examining Personalization in Academic Web Search.
- 2014 | Janette Lehmann, Claudia Müller-Birn, David Laniado, Mounia Lalmas, Andreas Kaltenbrunner.
Readers Preference and Behavior on Wikipedia.
- 2013 | Dominic Rout, Daniel Preotiuc-Pietro, Kalina Bontcheva, Trevor Cohn.
Where’s @wally? A Classification Approach to Geolocating Users Based on their Social Ties.
- 2012 | Eugenia-Maria Kontopoulou, Maria Predari, Thymios Kostakis, and Efstratios Gallopoulos.
Graph and Matrix Metrics to Analyze Ergodic Literature for Children.
- 2011 | Anna Squicciarini, Smitha Sundareswaran, Dan Lin, and Josh Wede.
A3P: Adaptive Policy Prediction for Shared Images over Popular Content Sharing Sites.
- 2010 | Heiko Haller and Andreas Abecker. iMapping: A Zooming User Interface Approach for Personal and Semantic Knowledge Management.
- 2009 | Thomas Beauvisage. The Dynamics of Personal Territories on the Web.
- 2008 | Klaas Dellschaft and Steffen Staab. An Epistemic Dynamic Model for Tagging Systems
- 2007 | Elizabeth Brown. Real Users, Real Results: Examining the Limitations of Learning Styles within AEH
- 2005 | J. Nathan Matias. Philadelphia Fullerine: A Case Study in Three-Dimensional Hypermedia
- 2004 | George Buchanan, Ann Blandford, Matt Jones, Harold Thimbleby.
Integrating Information Seeking and Structuring: Exploring the Role of Spatial Hypertext in a Digital Library
- 2003 | Einat Amitay, David Carmel, Adam Darlow, Ronny Lempel, Aya Soffer.
The Connectivity Sonar: Detecting Site Functionality by Structural Patterns
- 2002 | Peter Brusilovsky and Riccardo Rizzo.
Map-Based Horizontal Navigation in Educational Hypertext
- 2001 | Adrian Miles. Hypertext Structure as the Event of Connection
- 2000 | Susana Pajares Tosca. TA Pragmatics of Links.
- 1999 | Jill Walker. Piecing Together and Tearing Apart: Finding the Story in Afternoon.